Saturday, December 15, 2012

"This Gun-Nut has had enough." So has this one.

This guy has a perfect response to the Connecticut murder spree - and every other one that has happened, too.

This Gun-Nut has had enough.
I'll fully admit that one of my two favorite forums here on DU is the Gun Control & RKBA. The other is Cooking and Baking (if you believe that). But as of perhaps the past year or so, my posts in the gun group have been mostly snark and humor as to me it seems to be a little too right-wing down there. Back when I first joined DU, the dialog was different, there were a lot more ideas to float around and discuss, but lately it is just a bunch of bullshit on both sides of the fence. 

What happened today was and absolute horror, that I feel could have been prevented. I do not have all of the answers, but they are out there. We just have to work to find them. 

As a country we NEED to have the discussion, we NEED to find workable solutions. Knee jerk solutions rarely work, but we should not let it slip by yet again. It would be an insult to the victims of this tragedy and all of the tragedies preceding it. 

If in the end it makes it harder for me to buy a gun. So fucking what? I can live with that much easier than I can live with the fact that some nut job strolled into a gun shop and walked out with a gun 10 minutes later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment